Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
robc

It sounds like this is something that a lot of alchoholics have tried and failed. I have recently acknowledged that I have a drinking problem. I have not hit any huge lows, but recently felt the physical effects of alcohol. The binge drinking has started to cause me problems. I have now twice suffered from dehydration and liver pain. These new feelings really scare me and have caused me to reevaluate my drinking. I am currently reading as much as I can and will not drink for at least a month. At the end of a month I may try to drink moderately, but if it does not work, then I will quit for good. I have not decided and will not decide until I hit my 30 day mark and see how I feel. The reality is that if I truly have a drinking problem, then I probably will not be able to do it. I have decided that I can not and will not binge drink anymore. Besides all of the other reasons, I just can't handle the physical problems and withdrawals that come along with it. I am new to this and have never tried quitting before and never wanted to. Now I either have to quit completely or learn to drink responsibly. Again, I don't have any misconceptions and will continue to learn and not drink and see how things go.