View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Southpaw
Paused

Re: Famous phrases from the A in your life

"I'm late getting home from work because we had late customers.....and I stayed and had a drink."

Shortly after 09/11, walking through the Newark airport....after a valium and 2 vodka drinks in one hour on our flight...upon sighting a dark complexioned man talking on a cell phone... "They ought to arrest that man! Look at him over there talking on that phone! He has to be a terrorist!"

"I scream and yell at you because you DESERVE to be screamed and yelled at!"

"You don't drink enough anymore."

"Two beers doesn't count as 'having a drink.'"

"I only had 2 glasses of wine." and then I overheard her telling her alcoholic friend on the phone "I drank almost a whole bottle of wine hehehe."

"I'm only slurring my speech because I'm tired."

"I fell down because the bed was elevated, not because I was drinking all day."

While watching a video she took while on vacation with her mom, aunt and sister..... "I took this video, but I don't remember any of this!"

After returning from vacation...."We were playing in the pool and.....well....I can't remember what I was going to tell you." <-----she started 4 different stories and couldn't remember any story in full.

and the classic...."I only had one drink.........and a half."

Aaaaaaargh!.....I'm glad to see it isn't just me, but this crap drives me crazy. I know I need to detach and drive on, but man oh man. The kicker is that she is clueless that the alcohol has anything to do with anything.