View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cassandra2

Slow down take a deep breathe. I am so sorry for your situation but welcome to a place where your story is not unusual.

I call what is going on in your house crazymaking or jumping on the hamster wheel. I would say the best thing to start doing is to stop approaching your H about his addiction. Addicts hate it when the spotlight is shown on their DOC and will deny, defend and cover up when they feel threatened with the spotlight.

The only thing you will accomplish by "talking" to him is jumping on a hamster wheel and never getting off. I also want to say that drug addicts truly dont realize the effects of their abuse on other people. They just dont. And if you continue to expect him to feel bad about his abuse you will only end up hurting yourself.

Get started on educating yourself about addiction. Their are a couple of threads about enabling and what not to do. Read those. And finally in my opinion I really think you should, for right now, not worry about divorce or leaving. To me that just adds to your already stressful situation.

For today learn how to detach and not allow his drug abuse to effect you emotionally. When you can sort things out and understand better you will be in a better frame of mind to evaluate what your next move should be.

Take care. Keep reading and posting.