View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
I really wanted to bite my tongue on this one but I feel that people hosting their 'pity parties' on here may be exactly what they need to do in order to help save their lives. I know that I speak for myself when I say it helps to just vent and let out some steam whether they are looking for pity or not.
I'm sorry you feel that way TSH, we can't always be happy-go-lucky on here all the time, people have their days.
Trust me, LaDita, I know good and well that people have their days. I feel like I have more than my fair share. I also believe that posting here when I feel in need of help is the right thing to do, which is why I ultimately wound up posting.

What I DON'T believe does anyone any good, either me OR everyone else here, is if I were to log on every day and write a new thread every time I felt down or angry or sad or frustrated or anything else. It would get real old real fast, and it would give the impression that I thought SR was all about me and no one else. I don't believe that, and I don't want anyone else here thinking that I do. I also don't want to have the reputation of being a constant whiner and a rare supporter of others. That's not what I'm about and it's not how I work.

And please believe that I am strictly speaking for myself here. I never log on expecting everyone here to be "happy-go-lucky". This is a recovery site and the people are here for a reason.