View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Thank you, thank you, thank you girls. Your words mean so much to me.

I did in fact go back to bed, and I slept a.l.l. d.a.*.n. morning. LOL I don't even care.

Sara, my hub has actually taken one trip since I got sober - it was in late October. I was about 3 weeks sober and man... was that one tempting. However, the pain and guilt from my last drinking episode was still FAR too fresh, and the fresh words of Rational Recovery were still ringing in my head, bouncing around giving me new hope. He has admitted since then that he was terrified that he'd call one night and I'd be wasted. Thankfully that never happened.

Mariposa, every single thing you said was SO spot-on. I absolutely can not do that to him, whether he were to find out or not. And yes, the guilt would eat me up if he didn't find out and I'd tell him. Who knows what that would do to things. I don't want to find out.

SS - good suggestion about getting out and going for a walk. It IS less complicated than deciding what to do at the gym!! Unfortunately I slept the free part of my day away... Teen will be home in about 10 minutes, then I have to go check Li'l Man out of school because Teen has a doctor's appointment. It's a shame, too, because today is the first day that the weather was actually appropriate for being outside! Man, I can't wait for spring.

More later. I hope the doc gives Teen some good meds. He's been waking up at 3 a.m. every night and having a massive coughing fit. I know he's worn out.

Thanks again. I appreciate you all so much.

Bam, how you holdin' up, hon?