Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Yesterdaysnumb

Originally Posted by MrsMagoo View Post
because going to the meeting is making things too easy for him.

"Honey, I just wish you would back off! You don't need to be going Sat. You are wearing yourself out with having to do this Community Service too. You said that you won't leave RIP with a babysitter to go to an Alanon Meeting, for YOURSELF, but you will to go to something for John."

"When I put myself into a place called Nova House, which was a 9 month to a year long program, my husand came to every single thing they had. Oh, I thought he just loved me so, but looking back, what this did was distract me from the real reason I was there. I would call him to bring me out something and he would jump. You are doing exactly what he did, just cushioned my fall, my fall that very well could have ended up as my bottom . . . But didn't. His co dependency and behaviors of caretaking made sure I didn't hit my bottom. Janet, if you truly love him as much as you say you do, you have got to let him feel some of the pain Honey! You are making this too easy. Hell, if I was married to a man like you, I would have been dead long ago. I know that sounds horrible how I worded it, what I mean is, I would have just continued to use until that one day when I took one too many pills or had one too many drinks with pills in me and I never woke up."

I'm taking the baby with me. I have a Celebrate Recovery meeting tonight. She will be with a babysitter for more than 3 hours tonight after being in daycare all day and then tomorrow, she'll be with a babysitter for 5 hours while I try to finish the last of my community service.