Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ChicagoAdam

Wow. Thanks for all the reponses. I have to say, the "welcoming" to this community has been wonderful. It's the same here as it is at my AA meetings. At first I felt like a real fool, but quickly realized that there's nothing wrong w/ it, and there's tons of normal folk who go through the same struggles.

Cubs or Sox? Cubs for life! Hopefully we pick things up this year. I just bought a dog to kind of focus on, and keep my mind off things. Named it Wrigley! He's my good luck charm. Anyways. I'd like to congratulate you all too on your sobriety and recovery.

To answer other questions...

What is "SR?"

No, I don't have access to an addiction counselor. I'm new to this. I don't have health insurance, and since I've been drinking and drugging for so long, money is somewhat tight right now. But, the meetings are a great reminder of how good this life is. So, I'm going to stick to going to those. I have my regular homegroup once a week, and try to get to other meetings when I can. I'm also a student, so I'm pretty busy right now. Thanks again folks. It's good to be here, and I really do appreciate the welcome.