Thread: how to stop oxy
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
UncleChunky

HI Scared
My story is similar to yours. It is day 5 for me, percs = oxy same thing. I wont lie, it isn't easy. My own experience is body aches, high anxiety, sweats. It gets easier physically. I combated my illness with advil, orange juice, water, and sleep easy. For the mental aspect, you cant do it alone, you need support of a spouse or by going to a meeting. Unfortunatly where I live the closest meeting is 80 miles away. I am going to see a counselor tomorrow and my wife has been a tremendous support, upset yes. It will take time to earn trust back.
If you need to be high functional for work, if you have the option choose to stop on a Thursday, take Friday off. This gives you 2 days on the weekend. Stretch it to Monday off if you can take it off.
You have to be serious tho, you really got to want it. Otherwise 10-12 will become 14-16 and it will just get harder.
I dont mean to make this thread about me. I just wanted to give you my perspective on the issue and how it is for someone like yourself with a professional career, family, everything a guy could want.
I wish you the best