View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Glenna9802

What would YOU do???

AH has court tomorrow regarding not meeting the terms of probation for his DUI. The current offer on the table is four 3-day weekends in jail, but AH is confident that he can get out of it because he has attended 2 (wow) AA meetings and started community service and got phone records proving his phone was disconnected when they tried to call him for a random drug test.

I don't know how realistic it is that he can get out of it, but I guess anything can happen.

When I spoke to my "potential sponsor" last night, I told her of the situation and said I was concerned because if AH goes to jail for even 3 days, it could be putting his life in danger because of the alcohol withdrawal (he drinks more than a pint of vodka per day). She told me that I should try to talk to the public defender alone and suggest court-ordered rehab in lieu of jail.

I don't really understand how this goes along with the whole "detaching" concept, but she pointed out that it might save his life. However, what if I say something and he was going to get off scot-free, but then because of me he gets ordered to rehab instead? I just am not sure to what extent I should involve myself.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.