Thread: back again
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
daisyjen
Getting Over It

back again

Its been a bit since Ive posted, but Ive been lurking, getting stronger.

AH has been dry for 2 yrs now. Still exhibits some of same behavior as his drinking time. Ive been on the fence, wanting to leave but not a hundred percent positive its the right thing to do. Ive recently read Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay and have clarity, just not strength.

Well, this wkend, our 16 yr old spent the night in the woods with friends and lied about it. Said he was at a friends, then , oh it was the woods close to that friends.. He was angry that I check up on him, that I dont trust him.... I read his texts and myspace paage and have found out that he has drank recently. Broke my heart.

Anyway, what else would 3 boys be camping out for, if there wasnt trouble going on? He says he lied cause I wouldnt have let him sleep in woods and they just wanted fun. Its boring here..

He then called me a nosey b!tch and said eff you...

This is normally good kid, that mouths off on occasion like a teen, but never did I expect this. I was in shock. He said later when I tried again to talk to him that he didnt mean it, that he was angry at me.

The thing is, his dad says things like that to me. He is doing what his dad taught him to do. That kills me..

Later, I tried hugging him and he jumped up and ran from me... Talk about a broken heart...

Ive taken his phone, computer priveledges, etc and he will be stuck in the house for a while. Anyone have suggestions?