Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

Queen Nique is back!

I've been off on my own little detour, family stuff, job stuff... ya know? STUFF.

I'm glad you're back and I look forward to hearing more about how you and lil guy grow and thrive in your new environment.

And trust me, I understand the part about still loving him. Really I do. What I learned in the rooms of Al Anon and here is that I have to think hard about the but. (**snork**)

Not the butt, but the "but". The "if only". the "except when", and the "well, besides that part". I had to look long and hard at what part was the dream and what part was the reality. Could I live with the reality? Because the dream was just that - a dream - mixed in with some good times in the past. I could love that part of him that I really loved and let him and our relationship go, because WE were toxic. There's a book out called "It's Called A Breakup Because It's Broken" and the author has some really REALLY good points.

It's so hard, but you'll do what's right for you and lil guy. Me? I'm thinking he's not so little any more.

Hugs
Cats

PS No tazer for you today.