View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mendingheart

tinypeach, thanks you have helped me more today than you know. It has been a week since we have last spoken, and I feel like he is in a desperate place. He will not answer nor return any calls, has disconnected his answering machine, and picked up the cell only to sit in silence for a very long time. I told him how much I cared, and it was going to be OK, but I needed some kind of input while this lasts.
I think he did not tell me how severe his was either. This is nothing like how he has been.
He told me his episodes, he had four last year, usually lasted about a few days. It has been two weeks, and out of that a week of total disappearance.
Do you have any interaction with your bf when this happens, or do you just need to be alone?
He was upfront with me from the beginning, but on his return to the dr. he mentioned she felt maybe being in a relationship would be too much for him at this time. He has not been in one for two years.....but felt good about himself. I think when he comes out of this, he will be very sorry for what has happened. I understand it is the bipolar, not him...but how would you suggest letting him know I am here for him when he comes out of this ??
Thank you.