Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
frances2

Thanks for the responses and I'm also glad to see this interested people for their own personal reasons as well. I've never realized how bad it can get until I've experienced this first hand with my friend's mom. It is terribly depressing and the sad truth is, we all believe this will be the death of her. She has detoxed for 28 days at a very expensive place a few months ago. Went back to drinking. She detoxed herself (with the help of her daughter and ativan) and went back to drinking days later. She experiences all the classic withdrawal and it's very scary. Within hours of drinking she's shaking severely. She now says she doesn't want to stop drinking. And she truly can't, without medical supervision due to the dangers involved. Though sometimes she says she wants her life back, so there may be some hope there. Maybe I'll talk to her. I haven't yet - my mom and my friend have though, and they have helped her try to get a plan in place for stopping, etc. but none of it has worked. I think at least then I'd feel better a little if I just talked to her to let her know she has my support too.

:praying

Thank you