Thread: Here we go
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Sweetie...I wasn't "jail material" either. I was always a good kid, had worked since I was 16. I was an RN until I got mixed up in drugs. Had NEVER had a problem with the law until the drugs. Maybe that's why being locked up DID work for me? It was a HUGE smack in the face of reality, and one that I obviously needed!! I don't know that rehab would have had as much of an impact, in all honesty. I actually thanked my PO..told her she saved my life.

My experience in jail, is not what you see on TV. It was basically a lot of discipline. I went in there as a smart-a$$, street-smart, know-it-all drug addict. I was told when to get up, when to go to sleep. In jail, I read a lot or slept. In the diversion center, I cleaned, and cleaned and cleaned, and then I went to work. Amazing how all of that taught me about respect and gratitude again

When I got out, and was still feeling a bit down, I started a gratitude list. The first thing on my list was "a soft pillow", because, believe me..they are NOT soft in jail.

I know it scares you, and I understand that. However, like everyone has said...HP really does know what is best. It hasn't even been decided where he will go, yet. I just want you to realize the other 2 options really aren't as bad as you think they are, okay?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy