View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
justtired
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

This is probably going to seem like a small discovery for all of you, but the more I think about it, it's just so logical. I kept thinking, WHY would he keep ignoring what was happening in our relationship and just move forward KNOWING that things are not okay. Anvil, you're right, he is not going to get far in his plan because I won't go along with it. But why he continues on that path is what had me confused. Then, last night he says to me "so if I cook prime rib for dinner tomorrow night, would you eat it?" Okay, seems like a logical questions except that I DON'T EAT MEAT. And he KNOWS that. He doesn't like it, but he knows it. So then I remind him, um... that's nice and all, but have you forgotten that I don't eat meat? Haven't eaten it in over a year... And he says, well I was just trying to come up with something nice we could have for dinner together. And THEN he says, "well, how about Chicken Noodle Soup". So my discovery, that I should have made way long ago... is that he doesn't acknowledge ANYTHING he doesn't want to. I mean, how will he ever acknowledge an addiction problem if he can't even acknowledge that I don't eat meat??? Oh boy have I been blind to some of his ways...