View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Originally Posted by outonalimb View Post
I didin't leave my exah for a long time because I was afraid of the outcome. I was certain that if I left him to his own devices, he would never find recovery. I thought he'd fall into this deep, dark pit and never find his way out. But when I finally let go of my expectations...and let go of my need to control him...he slipped a little further into addiction but then he clawed his way back and found recovery. To this day, he tells me that he would have never done it had I stayed and continued to make things easy for him. He would probably be dead now or still using if I had stayed and made his life easier...trying to save him from himself.
Thank you, Outonalimb. I needed to read this today!

MrsMagoo, I stayed with my ex AH for almost 20 years hoping THIS time would be the time he would change. I finally reached my enough is enough point. He's been gone almost 5 months and it's still not easy some days, but each day is now mostly drama free. You'll know when and if you decide to leave... it will be when you've had enough and the worry will be for your happiness, not his. ((HUGS))