Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krisgrace
On The Road to Recovery!

Question I also posted in NewComers, Please Read my story..

Hi,
I am a 25 year old single mother of two. It started when I found out my husband had cheated on me for a year and a half. We now live in two different cities, and struggle with our relationship and finances. I have been on the pain pills for about two years. I take Norcos, Lortabs, Vicodin, or whatever I can get (about 5-6 a day). They seemed to mask the emotional pain. I also get migraines very bad. I get prescribed Lortabs every now and again. Which doesnnt really help, only my migraine medicine helps, but I will never admit that to my doctors. I havent been me in so long. I am so ready to stop, but evertime I try the withdrawls bring me back. I am a paralegal, and I cannot go to work dragging. I cannot tell anyone. I am scared to lose my children. I need help and I do not know what to do. If I ask a doctor for this drug that helps with the withdrawls......will the take my kids from me??? I am so scared.. I am out of money, and out of time. I need help desparately. Thanks,
Kristin

Also, I have 14 Lortabs left....should I wein myself off until I see my doctor next week? And should I tell my Psyc? Or stick with my regular doctor? I really dont want to do anything that will leave me kids in a bad situation.
Thanks for reading.

:praying