View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
ElChupacabra
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
Has anyone found that your body reaches a point where it really begins to reject the alcohol? I'm 24 and consider myself to be a binge drinker. Over the past 6 months of attempted sobriety I have found whenever I return to drinking, the hangovers are worse...my mental state is worse...I essentially feel physically worse each time. I've never considered myself to be experiencing withdrawal symptoms even at my worst...but I'm really starting to feel as though my body is telling me more than ever to STOP.

This may seem like common sense to some...but it has never really occurred to me until today...I just assumed maybe my tolerance was lower...
Sounds to me as if you're having adverse reactions that are, essentially, withdrawls. It's a posion and the body learns to adapt to its effects. Therefore when it's gona the next day the body has to do more work to go back to normal. You're confusing it with the regular shift in what it assumes is normality. Best you listen to your body now than get to the stage that the rest of us are at with nasty withdrawls.