View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lovtolaff
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

I agree with GiveLove....I couldn't stay either. I tried "detaching" but it just wasn't for me. I wanted a relationship with someone who was going to give the same 100% that I was giving. I grew tired of the drunken rambles, the pissy-ness, the feeling sorry for himself, drinking constantly life that we had together.

I became uncomfortable in MY own home. I felt anxious and nervous on days when he got off work early or nights when he popped that 13th can of beer open. Who wants to live like that? Walking on eggshells all the time so as to not start an arguement. Not me.

And I won't try to sugarcoat it for you - when I kicked him to the curb - it HURT. It hurt worse than anything I've ever been through in my life. You see - I wanted a relationship with him, I thought he was the "one" for me. I begged, cried, screamed, pleaded, prayed for him to wake up and see what was happening to us. He would go through stages where he would agree with me that yes his drinking was affecting us and yes he needed to "cut down" but it never lasted. Then near the end of our relationship I just became a "naggy bi*ch" to him because I was always "on his a$$" about the drinking. In my eyes, I wasn't nagging - I was pleading for him to get help so that I could "keep" him in my life.

I'm 8 months out of that relationship and I have to say how nice it is to FINALLY have some peace and serenity in my life. Yeah I still hurt sometimes but the hurt is less and less the longer I am away from him.

Hugs.