Old 02-18-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
winnie12

I've gone through this battle all my life. i was black and white - right and wrong and everyone must agree with me. I think in some ways it was my ego trying to get reinforcement - I couldnt make a decision on my own - had to make it and then have everyone agree with me. Now i realize that what's right in my life may not be right in someone else's life. I choose how to live my life and i have to let others choose how to live their lives. I still choose to live in a pretty black and white world when it comes to myself but when looking at others lives i can respect the gray areas.

When my kids were little i always gave them juice - rarely let them have sodas. When my son started getting sick i pumped him full of healthy fruits and juices and refused to buy anything i considered junk food. Then they diagnosed him with diabetes. While he was in the hospital they gave him a diet coke with his breakfast and told me not to give him too much oj. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Everthing I knew to be a b/w truth about nutrition was not good for my son because his life and his needs were different.