Old 02-18-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
imallright

"I don't have to justify what I want and need with saying something is "right or wrong"....

Thank you. This is huge for me today. It's ok to want to do something or want something simply because it is what I choose. I was sitting here this morning thinking about how in the past when I have choosen to do something that I wanted to do or needed to do that I somehow always had to "pay for it".... emotionally... I never felt like I could just do something because I wanted to and feel good about it.

Had to justify what I was doing or had to remember that if I did what I wanted that it might be fun at the moment, might be what I needed at the moment, but that right or wrong since it was for me... I would pay. I would be ignored, I would be "punished" in some way or form. Made to feel selfish or wrong for thinking about myself.

I am learning to stop this. Small steps. It feels good to when I am brave enough to do for me. It feels even better when I just feel good about my decision or action and I don't feel guilty or shamed or punished. Thank you.