View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hadenoughnow

My ex had much the same attitude your AH does but he was much more passive/agressive about it. His paycheck (or unemployment if he was laid off) was direct deposited which made for a good show except that he would debit or ATM most of it back out $20-40 at a time. Anytime a bill was late getting paid or any money issues came up it was of course my fault because in his words "I give you my enitre paycheck and I hardly spend any money, you just don't know how to budget" quack quack quack.

For years I paid most of the bills and cleaned up his financial messes. About 4 years before I divorced him I wrote out a budget that showed him that he was not even leaving enough to cover his own living expenses and told him that I would not longer pay his bills or "fix" his messes, then I made him get his own health ins etc. I closed all joint credit cards, took his name of our son's college fund and refused to own anything jointly with him in the future. He still managed to nickle and dime me to death but at least I was not on the hook for any more debts.

Now that we are divorced I have more money, my ex has to pay his own way 100% (which he is not happy about at all, haha) and pay our son's health ins and pay CS (in my state you go to jail for not paying).