View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
ElChupacabra
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by trucker View Post
Not a fool.........just maybe underestimating alcoholism a little.

Its hard to understand in the begining because we are all different in some respect.

Some drink 24.7...some binge..some only drink wine...some drink anything.

We all have one similar theme........once we start drinking...we have no idea when we are gonna stop.

We commence drinking with all the intensions of having a few...only too find we drink far more.

This is a suggestion only......

If you are in doubt of your alcoholism...or not..

Go out and have one or two drinks and stop abruptly..

Stop completely for a couple of weeks.

If you cant do any of these.........then i would suggest its a problem.

i like to compare my drinking with my wifes because she is the perfect example of a social drinker.

She may have a bottle of wine and it lasts about a weekish....she will not drink to get drunk(weird)lol........

She does not get hungover.........and she very often goes weeks on end without a drink........and doesnt realize she has gone weeks on end without a drink.

hopes this helps my friend........

Self honesty time.........is it a problem?...........

Life can be good without booze.....

trucker
Well, that's the thing that confuses sometimes. I can just stop abruptedly and I do go weeks without a drink. So by that standard I'm not a serious alcoholic, but I know in my heart of hearts that part of the reason that I am abloe to do that is because I force myself not to drink, which to me says something different from how it used to be in the old days when I wouldn't think twice about needing another drink and just stop.