Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Horselover

Wow! You scared me a bit there Firestorm. No one is helpless. There have been so many people that have had a slip up after starting this process and thank God they didn't all call it quits. We wouldn't have many members left here on SR. I believe (my opinion only) that when one does slip up it is definitely an opportunity to discovery why. What happened that weakened my resolve? What was the trigger? Was it just so early in the process and I didn't think I could reach out for help?

You said you came to SR and then went out to the bar. How about next time coming to SR and telling people you are "thinking" of going drinking tonight and can anyone help me overcome this desire? There are many that do this and it works. I, myself, have reached out to SR when urges have hit and its helped me overcome them. As Dee says you go 24 hours or minute by minute. The cravings do pass.

I still crave occasionally, but not nearly as much as I did in the beginning and just knowing that they will come and they will go is enough to get me through it. There are many people that you can pm here and don't tell anyone, but one I like to pm is Dee. His hours are screwy because he lives in Australia, but don't hold that against him. I have pm'd many and just talking with them and LISTENING to them has helped.

Please reach out BEFORE you give in. Its okay to reach out after, but you may be able to prevent an after. Just my opinion and THANK YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP!!