View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
blessed4x

My AH did the same thing. I paid for ALL of our health insurance, kids clothes, private school tuition for all 4, medical and dental bills, etc. I was also paying for half of the household bills and decided (when I switched jobs and he refused to pay for insurance which was $600 a month less expensive than my employers) not to pay the bills. First they turned off the cable. Guess what, he paid it. Then they quit picking up our trash. He paid that too. One day he said to me "If you don'y put a check in the electric bill by Tuesday they are going to turn off the electricity". I said "Yep, they will". Magically, it got paid.

I explained to him that either he can step up and be a man, or the judge will make him be. He said if we divorce he will not pay child support, even going so far as quitting his job and working for cash. This is who I fell in love and chose to parent 4 children with......makes me realize just how much work I have to do to get myself to a place where maybe, someday I can feel valuable enough to have relationship with another healthy adult. Or maybe not have another relationship, and be OK with that too.