View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sillysquirrel

Originally Posted by Ago View Post
Is he refusing to pay the bills?

I can see having a joint account, with $$$ going to pay the bills from both sides, but I truly don't see why he should deposit his money in your account.

He is a grown man no?

You are a double income family no?

It would be one thing if he were the sole breadwinner, and you had a clear cut deal as a stay at home Mom while he did the providing, but for me, when I went to therapy, that was the first thing the therapist had us do, was separate our finances, turns out my XGF had been using my $$$ to live off of while paying off the incredible credit card debt she had amassed on her shopping sprees.
He is refusing to share any of his income with the family.

Yes, physically he is a grown man.

We are a double income family.

I had a very good job which I quit when our 3rd child was born. It just didn't make sense to pay for gas and the huge daycare expense which only multiplied when the 4th child came along. I have started my own business but my income from that is limited. I can only do so much work with 4 kids, 2 of which are toddlers. If you can imagine trying to do a tax return while one kid is screaming for more juice while the other needs their butt wiped, well, you get the idea. My business is growing, but certainly not at the point where I can afford to pay for all bills while AH pockets his income. The kids are in my care while he works.

As I said previously, the only reason his paychecks go into my account is because he is irresponsible with money. To clarify, so a few of you can see that I am not completely controlling him, he is also collecting unemployment during the weeks in which he is not working and ALL of that money is in his pocket. I do not see it or have access to it. This makes up about 2/3 of his income right now.

So, I don't think I am unreasonable to think that he should contribute 1/3 of his income to household expenses. He is living here (when not bingeing) and eating the food, using electricity, talking on the cellphone, watching DishNetwork, etc. not to mention the 4 children which he is responsible for as well.

So you see, AH would be more than willing to separate our finances, as you have suggested. However, he will have no part in paying for ANY of the bills.
Hmmmm.....not quite sure how that puts food in my kiddos mouths.