View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
baileyboop

Wow..some interesting viewpoints.. : )

This also happened to me at one point in my marriage to XAH.
I am a traditionalist at heart. It is my personal belief that the husband takes care of his family. I'm not saying that the wife doesn't contribute anything, but I'm not a huge fan of the 50/50 deal. Each person in a relationship brings something to it. We all have strengths and weaknesses of each other and finances can fall into that category as well. With my previous situation, my XAH earned alot more than I earned. Because of that, for me to contribute let's say $600 a month for bills to my $1400 per month salary....and he contributed $600 a month of his $3300.00 every two weeks salary seems a bit lopsided. That is def. a personal decision from family to family, but I'm sure XAH would have liked that deal.

If it bothers you, then I would at least address it with him. If you cannot reach an agreement, it seems your choices are to wait, leave or stay. I know you will find the answer tha is right for you and your family when the time is right...Takes care of yourself and big hugs to you!!