View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ago

Is he refusing to pay the bills?

I can see having a joint account, with $$$ going to pay the bills from both sides, but I truly don't see why he should deposit his money in your account.

He is a grown man no?

You are a double income family no?

It would be one thing if he were the sole breadwinner, and you had a clear cut deal as a stay at home Mom while he did the providing, but for me, when I went to therapy, that was the first thing the therapist had us do, was separate our finances, turns out my XGF had been using my $$$ to live off of while paying off the incredible credit card debt she had amassed on her shopping sprees.

She also used my money as a means to control me, where I went, what I did, if she could keep track of my money, she could keep track of me. Controlling someones money is a great way to control them.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have never been a huge fan of "whats mine is mine, but what's yours is mine too"

Once again, it was a therapist that suggested this to me.

I realize I am very much in the minority here, opinion wise, and my questions and observations are real ones, I don't post this just to stir the pot.