View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

It would seem your HP is trying to tell you something.

If now is the best time of year financially for you, then now would be time to get a move on in whatever direction you intend to go. Maybe AH taking his income from you is just the kick in the pants you need.

If he has left you high and dry financially before, you should consider yourself warned that it will probably happen this time as well.

Get back with the attorney and let them know of the new development. The advice may change under the circumstances.

He may need a "nudge from the judge" to remind him that keeping his paycheck doesn't mean he gets to spend it all on booze.

For what it's worth, after getting left with isufficient funds buying groceries and getting utilities shut off, I had to grab the financial reins myself. I know how you feel. My ABF's paycheck goes into an account in my name via direct deposit. He gets a cash allowance. It's a constant sore spot with him. I desperately want to be financially independent as I once was so I can throw him finances back where they belong knowing it's his lack of cash flow that keeps him from drinking himself to death.

Get some legal help with this and stay strong!

Alice