View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sillysquirrel

AH has cut me off financially...

So, this morning I was getting a bank deposit ready to drop off at the bank tomorrow. AH makes a comment about how I take his paychecks and then deposit them into my checking account. We have done it this way for at least 5 years. We used to have a joint account. AH would go partying and take the debit card. He would withdraw sums of money and not tell me. Once, he lost the debit card. I was mortified when the notices started coming from the bank with overdraft notices. Anyway, I closed that account and opened an account in my name only. We have been doing it like this since.

AH does not like my new way of handling things. I have decided to focus on myself and the kids and not stress myself over his choices. He decided this morning that I am no longer allowed to deposit his paychecks into my account. He wants his paychecks for himself. BTW, I am very frugal and do not waste money. I pay our household bills and buy groceries with this money. I NEVER splurge on anything for myself.

I have been struggling with my next move. I have been to see a lawyer. I am now trying to decide if I will ever be happy with AH, even if he quit drinking. I am not sure I can be happy with the person he has become, alcohol or not. So, now I am dealing with this jerk who not only ignores the kids and I (unless he feels like arguing), but has decided he does not have to share his paychecks with us. I am not a greedy person, but there are a lot of bills in this household. I am trying to keep up the whole "do as you please" attitude and focus on myself, but boy am I pissed off!

I have been detaching myself from him for months. At this point, my concerns are financial and the kids. I am over it, (most of the time, anyway!)
Thank goodness it is tax time so my income is up. I was hoping to save up for later on though.

Any words of advice/encouragement??