Thread: dry addict???
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

It,s difficult fo rme to accept that htis woman doesn't seem to have any plans to ever be with her girls When she got out of jail, instead of putting them first, ad went on a date!
I didn't understand for a long time that accepting something didn't necessarily mean I had to like it. I just had to accept it, or go nuts fighting with it in my head.

The drugs were just a symptom of my disease of addiction. The problem was right between my ears in my self-centeredness, my inability to cope with life on life's terms, and be a responsible mature adult.

My oldest AD has never been, nor ever will be a responsible parent. My grandkids' stepmom called me the other day in tears because she is at her wit's end with my almost 14 year old granddaughter. My oldest AD has influenced those kids profoundly even though she doesn't have custody, and it isn't for the better.

I expect nothing in the way of 'normalcy' from my AD, not in the way of responsible parenting when she has the kids for visitation, in the way of being a decent human being.

I have completely turned her over to God.