Thread: dry addict???
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katie53

dry addict???

I just got back from taking ad to a city 60 mi. away for a job interview. I'm fine with that. She has 2 daughters in my custody that does not seem to be any concern to her. There is somewhere she could possibly be called back to 10 minutes away, but she has no interest in going back to that job, now its all about Madison. She said "well, how would I get there, the guy who I rode with moved" I said 'move there, its only 10 min away versus 80 min" there was no response. It,s difficult fo rme to accept that htis woman doesn't seem to have any plans to ever be with her girls When she got out of jail, instead of putting them first, ad went on a date! she hadn't touched her daughters in 8 months as she was in jail. we don't argue or even raise voices over what she does. I just keep my feeeling to myself as I know it would just start an argument. Thats why this site is so important to me. I can come here and get it out of my system. She still claims tobe clean but her thoughts and actions are still the same. Its ALL about her and what She wants. I have met some addicts in recovery and their biggest goal is to work on getting the children back, I belive thats the importance of a program vesus "just stopping" and no program. Thanks for listening. I'm not even sure this all makes any sense