View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
CoF1984

Well, from my experiences from all of two meetings I've had a real positive experience and really positive people going to the two meetings I've been to. I'm not saying they'll all be great or they'll all be horrible, but it seems with the AA group I'm going to seems to be a good one. Not a bunch of people b!tching and moaning, they'll tell their story but also through a lot of good stuff in there, too so that you can see while at one point it was bad but can get better. To me it doesn't seem to be "dumbed down" so to speak, then again when it comes to learning most anything I don't get a whole lot out of discussing unless it's a lot simpler than "dumbed down". I'm not big on learning verbally or by listening, I'm more of a visual hands on kinda guy. So they could make these discussions a lot simpler for me to grasp.

But try a couple more meetings or however many more you feel is appropiate and maybe try a different recovery process with another group. Keep checking into different things until you find what you feel is best for you. What works for one may not work for another. Just keep trying until you find what works for you. Just my opinion though and I hope it was helpful. If not I'm sorry and just tell me to stfu or something. lol
Wes