Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Strangef8 View Post
TSH - Give him a little time to absorb the info from the meeting. My wife has recently started going and she has a few hard hitting revelations about herself and my addiction. She learned that it wasn't all me and that she had been helping fuel my problem as well. Maybe that's what your hubby is going through and it's a shock. If you guys have a good relationship, he'll talk when he's ready.
Welcome to Secular, Strange!! :ghug3

Last week, when hub went to his first meeting, he was in a good mood when he got home and around 11:00 decided to spill it and tell me everything about how the meeting went (so, after about 2 hours). Sure, in those 2 hours I was curious and a bit anxious, but I was determined to just sit patiently and wait for him to bring it up... and he did. But it was a little easier because his mood was good. Last night when he got home he seemed... not sure how to describe it... borderline upset. Almost like he felt physically ill. His tone of voice and body language suggested he was not happy. I asked him twice, over about an hour, if everything was ok, if he was ok, and he said yes, so I left it alone. He never wound up saying one single word about the meeting last night. NOTHING. Not even, "It sucked, I won't be going back" or "It was ok, I'll tell you more later". NOTHING. So of course my mind is working overtime imagining all the various horrible things he said and heard that made him not want to tell me anything about it.

Our Valentine's "date night" is tonight since we couldn't get reservations for tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. It's been a while since the two of us have been out alone.

Anyway, again, Welcome to Secular.