Old 02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

I'll do a quick check-in, too. Hi, y'all.

I've been feeling myself slipping down into a funk the past few days. My son's birthday was Tuesday and it was great, it really was. But I had A LOT to do to get ready for it, and he's had a REALLY busy week at school this week, so there's been a lot of unusual, time-consuming things happening. I'm starting to feel very overwhelmed by a lot of different things. And to top it off, my teenager is coming home with his schedule/registration for next year - he'll be in 10th grade - and now all I can think about is how fast time is going by and soon he'll be leaving home. It absolutely breaks my heart. I know it's a GOOD THING and I know that it's inevitable, and I also know that I still have 3 years left... I'm just getting a swift kick in the butt from reality and it's making me sad.

My emotions are all over the place. I've been thinking - and dreaming - about drinking lately. Not CRAVINGS per se, but nagging thoughts and desires. I got a fountain Diet Coke from Subway the other day and I SWEAR TO GOD it tasted like it had rum in it. It FREAKED ME OUT. So I'm an emotional basket case, my mind is playing tricks on me, and to top it off, things here have been out of control. I feel like I have no "safe place" right now and I don't like it.

Hubby is going to another Al-Anon meeting tonight. I have mixed feelings about it.

I submitted a request for info to SOS like... 10 days ago?... and still haven't gotten anything from them. Frustrating.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on so long.