View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SummerSkye

Hi Iriss, yes I know exactly where you are coming from! I'm in the same position myself. We weren't married but I have just split up from my partner, within a month of getting sober/clean. I drank with him also to numb my feelings of unhappiness and to enable us to stay together. I knew that we wouldn't last either once I got sober so I was scared to stop drinking/drugging because I knew the relationship wouldn't survive without it and it hasn't. Its bloody hard and as I said on a my previous thread I'm feeling very lost right now. However the one thing I will not do is drink or use drugs, I feel awful enough right now without adding these evils onto the pain.

I got some lovely caring replies on my post and will take the advice offered and do feel a little better for it. I'm making my sobriety the priority and really hope you can too, i'm just hoping that everything else will fall into place.

You are not alone, Im here going through the same feelings at the same time and am sending you positive thoughts