View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Katie - no one forced you to go out with this guy AGAIN.

I backed you last night - but you negated all that the minute you went out with this doofus again.

To blame AA here is ridiculous: you made bad choices - you went out with the guy again, you decided to drink - no one else.

Love and Tolerance is an AA creed sure - but how much did you expect from a guy who bought you wine, for heaven's sake?

You'll meet people with this guys ideas on right to life *everywhere* - it's not an AA issue by any means.

You need to look at your choices and start making better ones, Katie. You need at look at personal responsibility too.

Dismiss AA outright if you like - but whatever you decide to do? do it without delay.
Make your next morning Day One.

D
Thanks, D, it's a very kind thing of you to say. I went out with him again feeling like everything was my fault and I could make things right. Only...he is a nutcase and I had no way to predict that - at least I have never met a guy I was thankful did NOT have his gun in his truck (it's legal here, but I don't like guns).

Yes, there is another day one. I still have to do the deal. My SMART meeting is tomorrow night and I WILL go to that. I will put this out of my mind and find a way to trudge through this and just realize some things work for me and some things don't.

I am not blaming AA, although I have known far too many people in AA who have caused damage to me. Perhaps I am naive, but I've gone through a broken rib, extortion, etc at the hands of people in AA, so I am really gunshy.

If it works for people I think that is a wonderful thing. I just need to find a place that is safe for me.

Thank you so much for you affirming post.