View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
keepwishing2

Hi Friends,

I went to my 1st Alanon meeting last night. It was cool. I expected a bunch of depressed people, and met a group of people who were overcomers, strong and determined, friendly and light hearted and very happy to welcome me. I left feeling so uplifted. Between SR and Alanon I'm feeling like I'm learning so much and don't feel so alone anymore.

Thanks to all who recommended Alanon, you know I was feeling mad like "why should I have to be the one going to a support group - he's the one with problem"! But I made myself get in the car and go, gonna give it one chance. Well, Monday nights that's where I'll be from now on!!

AH told me tonight he's gonna stop drinking. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm proud of myself, I didn't sneer at him, I didn't say "yeh right", I didn't say anything at all snotty, I just let it go. Not going to go round and round with the same old fight, not gonna let him push my buttons. If he does, good, if he doesn't, so be it. I'm determined to stop being controlling, manipulative, mean and snotty. I'm determined.

I've been doing some serious soul searching lately, reading what everyone has written, taken what I need and putting it to good use!