View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Katie09

Thanks all for all your posts. Decided to drink it off and woke up hungover. I felt like buying a bottle of wine today, but I did not. Thinking things were my fault the other night, I decided to see this guy again and not drink at all. We went to the restaurant and he ordered a beer. I ordered ice tea. The subject of politics came up and he flipped on me. He ended up telling me I am a murderer and dropped me off at home, telling me to "turn it over" to God. The point of contention - a woman's right to choose (hence him telling me I am a murderer).

I appreciate everyone's suggestion I not give up on AA, but I give up. Sure, there are bad apples in every bushel, but I sure have met my fair share in the rooms. Not only have I given up on AA, but I am close to throwing in the towel in this town. I am truly a fish out of water. I may go up to my former liberal city of residence and only THEN will I consider another AA meeting.

At any rate, I am sort of floored right now and just shaking my head in disbelief. I will get back on track. There is a SMART meeting tomorrow night I am going to go to. As always, I do appreciate the support of SR and just wanted to check back in.