Thread: Great news...
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CoF1984

Great news...

Well, I got a phone call approximately 30 minutes ago and it was a very pleasing phone call. Since I was finally able to get a hold of the AA number in the local area and talked to the POC, he got a hold of another member near me. The guy near me just called me up to ask for directions to my house and said he would be more than happy to give me a ride to the meeting tonight.

So tonight will be my first AA meeting and I am looking forward to it. This is great news to me. But, at the same time I'm somewhat nervous because I tend to be when it comes to any kind of group setting. I tend to get nervous when I think about even going to church. Good thing is, after a few minutes of being in the setting I tend to calm down and feel more comfortable. I am really looking forward to this experience to see what it is about and to see if it would be a big help for me. So, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I make the 7:30pm (EST) meeting tonight. I'm gonna do this and make the best of it and am glad something finally did work out.
Wes