Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Hi Louis

I remember your post saying that you were going and you didn't make it sound like it would be an easy time for you not to drink at all, i was really tempted to post that i would not go, but didn't...

You have put yourself in an almost impossible situation at a very early stage and you have drunk, that's the lesson to learn so just go to those meetings this week and get back on the path to recovery, not much for you to beat yourself up about or learn from in this case, IMO, other than stay away from any and all people or places that may even get you thinking about drinking. I associate seeing my Mum in Uk with wine drinking and have plenty of drinking buddies there to help me fall off the wagon, it is the last place i would ever consider going this year at least!

It really is the most odd of diseases we all have isn't it? A non'-alcoholic would take that case of beer and think hes hit the jackpot, finish the week and tell tales of how much he drank etc..for us it's a poison...just dont get too down about it and start again, at least you didn't have 3 years sober and then did it;-)