View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceteach

I agree that this is something your therapist could help with. I am not a therapist, but I am aware of the temptation we as codies have in self-sabotaging. In other words, we know we should be moving on, we know we deserve better, but we have a hard time really believing it, and when it might even be happening (as in your new guy being interested) we still, perhaps even unconsciously, create situations or take measures to "screw up" any chance of change and happiness that our HP might be directing us toward.

Just a thought, but maybe you are actually working "against" yourself rather than "for" yourself. You deserve more. You know it, we know it, your HP knows it. Why won't you let yourself have what YOU deserve, hopeful one?

Be your own advocate. Hold your own chin up, like you would a friend. Look yourself in the mirror and say "You deserve better. You are never going to be treated that way again. I will see to it." Take care of that deserving little girl inside. She needs you. Get your focus off him, once and for all, and focus on yourself. YOU are the answer for YOU.