View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CoF1984

Day 4 and so happy...

Finally, after three long days I'm on day four and so excited over it. This is a huge accomplishment at least to myself, so I'm glad I can make it this far. I know if I can last this long sober, anything is possible with the right support, encouragement, mindset and determination.

I've lost most all the physical signs of withdraw, still working through moodswings and what not. But, I'm trying to look for the good in everything and turn all my negatives into positives. I don't know if I'm the only person that tries or is trying to do that, but coming on here really helps a lot. And have also been sitting outside most of the morning just admiring all the beauty around me. The birds out flying and singing and the air is so warm, fresh and clean. I swear it's nice being able to go outside just to enjoy it rather than going out because I'm trying to sneak my drinking from family because I can enjoy the outdoor experience so much more now.

I looked in the phone book last night and found the number to local AA and plan on calling it today to see what the closest meetings to me are and if anyone would be willing to come out to me to help with a ride to meetings. I really hope I can find someone understanding enough to make this work and happen. I would really love to use AA and the meeting others like me face to face in combination with this site because I think and pray that it'll make my chances of staying sober that much better. After 4 days sober I don't want to go back, although this will be a tough mental struggle trying to keep my mind clear of negative thoughts and the strong desires to want to pick up another drink.

But, I have confidence in myself that if I keep coming here and can get myself into AA that through the help and encouragement of others I can keep strong and always looking for the good in things even when things are looking down. So, thanks all for letting me share, and thanks for all the words of encouragement and supporting me in the choice to get and stay sober over these past 4 days. I really appreciate it!
Wes