View Single Post
Old 12-30-2001, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
alone and confused

Smile

Thank you so much Smoke, Needles and Bollingg!!! You guys have helped so much. I am so excited to say that as I was typing that first entry on Friday night my mother left the house...
She actually scared me when I realized that she didn't go to take the dog out because the liquor store is right around the block. I was afraid that she had gone to get a drink because I had yelled at her. I hate being afraid all of the time. She was going to an AA meeting that I had mentioned was taking place at 8:00 right down the block!! Unfortunately, the meetngs there have been cancelled indefinately, but she did go to one on Saturday night!!! I cannot tell you guys how happy I was when she got home. She was practically glowing. She couldn't stop chattering about the people and the gifts she got (they gave her the Big Book and a living sober book as gifts). She got 2 phone numbers from women (even work numbers which I think meant so much to her) that were going through the same thing and can understand as I cannot. I hope I am not getting excited too easily, but to see the glimmer of joy in her eyes was something I cannot even explain to you. She thanked me for "forcing" her to go which made me a little nervous, but as long as she went...
She's now talking about going to those, but that they are only 2 days a week, so she wants to try other ones as well!!!
You guys helped me more than I can say. I actually feel a little guilty going on and on about this. I know it is just a small step and it's only been one meeting. We'll see if she sticks to it. I hope so.
I thank you guys again from the bottom of my heart. I don't feel so alone anymore =)