View Single Post
Old 12-28-2001, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alone and confused

Unhappy How do I stop being so angry?

Hi. I am sitting here so angry and confused. I am 25 years old and both my parents are alcoholics. Although I don't talk to my dad anymore what he did to us still haunts me. My mom is my best friend. Cirrhosis almost killed her twice and in October she cut me with a knife by accident when I told her I was calling the ambulance. She has been sober for the last 8 or so years and she just started drinking again in September. After the knife incident she promised she would stop. She did until the beginning of December. She gets so bad that she cannot function in her everyday life at all. I have no other family to turn to. Last week I slept out and didn't tell her, so she got scared when I came home and said she wanted to go for inpatient care. When I called them they said she should go to detox first. Well last from last Friday until this Wednesday she was there in the hospital all drugged up and getting "detoxed". What is killing me is that now she doesn't want to go to the inpatient rehabilitation. I know her and I know she wont stick with outpatient or AA. In October she went to register for the inpatient services and never went back because she thought she kicked it - I suppose. Now all I do is yell and scream as soon as I come home. I think I'm losing my mind because I cannot handle all of this and she refuses to go get the intense help that she needs. I feel terrible because she is not drinking right now and I am not being supportive. I am going to be working from 7am until 11pm M-F and Saturday and Sunday from 9-5 all of the month of January. She has no friends and is very depressed. Who is supposed to be here for her when I'm not? I feel that she needs the 28 day treatment. What am I supposed to do? I have no one to turn to with this. I have run out of patience and strength.