View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

There may not always be happy endings, but in some cases theres happiness weeks, months and years.
You have to decide what is too much and eb willing to stick to that boundary, and let yourself be happy rather than worry about the unknown.
There is never a guarantee with an addict or without.
I do know couples who are addicts and have been clean and happy many years, I know some that had to walk away, but ahve no regrets and are ahppy where they are at today.
I know, Ive been married the last 5 years to a crack addict and alcoholic, the last year has been the least eventful and dramatic than other years, and the last few months have shown the most growth and positive in us both. Last night we discussed we are both the happiest we've been in the marriage and with ourselves.
Tomorrow could bring something different, but today Im enjoying today.

I know my children have been effected, but the sweetest moment was the other day when oldest son acting up behaviorally, AH lecturing and assigning restrictions, son throwing Ah known mistakes in his face, and AH sitting down honestly and telling him about his mistakes, the feelings, the sadness, the remorse and how he's now changing his life. They then made a pact to be better people together and apart and both work very hard at it.