View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BackToMe
the journey continues

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I have been reading a lot on SR; it has been helpful and comforting yet not very encouraging - many seem to end in relapse/divorce. That scares me, emotionally and financially.

I have read Codependent No More and basically what it did was just confirm everything I've been saying about myself in recent months. I have always avoided conflict/been a people pleaser/had trouble meaning what I say but I don't really see anything about my childhood that would've made me that way.

While I know this isn't possible, I like to KNOW that it will work; I don't know if I've got it in me to risk again and he is looking for almost immediate reassurances. I can make it on my own but my kids love their daddy and I think of the what ifs and this isn't healthy either.

I am looking into meetings but there doesn't seem to be much in my area unless I travel about 2 hours from home.

I come here for somewhere to talk it out with people that aren't too closely involved. Maybe I just need one of these --