Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hope213

welcome to S.R. i am glad you found us. your story is so much like my grandsons.( little j.). he is also just 17 & he also was hit by a car at 12 yrs. old. he also has a learning disability & a small amount brain damage from the accident & also an addict. my heart goes out to you. my son (his father) is also an addict. little j. is has lived with every relative he has, (his mom is dead) while his father has been in & out of prison. little j. has been in rehabs, jail & two days ago was transferred to an adult prison faculity. what i am telling you is you can not make your son quit using. never, ever give up hope on him but read around, go to meetings & save yourself. between my son & his son if it was not for meetings & mainly this site i would be insane. it is hard to let go. i took baby steps. i finally realized that both of them are going to do what they want to. we can not love them clean. they have got to do it. let him learn that you will not support his habit. maybe you could get in touch with a mental health center & they will help with his medications. my prayers are with you & him. keep coming back.