Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
anabeldm9

Welcome new member

You've come to the right place. It must be incredibly hard to walk the fine line between supporting a son with a disability and trying not to enable. But if you've done his work for him so that he graduated without being able to read or write, it hasn't helped him much. In time you can develop the strength to let go and let live. I understand the need to just get him through things, but in the process he has learned nothing.

My suggestions: Keep posting here and checking back in. Look around on the site for similar stories/people- sometimes not feeling alone goes miles to helping you feel better. Attend NA meetings in your area so you can meet people and form a real support system. And think carefully...is there really no one in your life you can talk to? Sometimes we overlook the closest friends in our lives. Finally, maybe try and check out what social services are available to you and your son. If he has a disability it could be a matter of getting him tested again. My thoughts are with you. No one should have to go it alone.

((((myson88))))