Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
myson88

Unhappy New member

Hi I'm new to this site. I have a 20yr old addicted to drugs. He has been using since he was 13 then steady at 17. I think i have enabled him and dont know how to stop.He is learning disabled can not read or write and yes he has even graduated from school like this. But i have actually been doing everything for him.He is not employed hard to find a job when you cant read or write been all over the area looking.He was on ssi till he reached 18 then they didnt class it as a disability. He was in a car accident when he was 13 they kept him drugged up for 6 wks after he said thats when it first started i know hes smoked weed before that but i dont know about pills. When he was about 17 things got worse for him school jobs everything trying to deal with his handicap i know he was totally overwhelmed i seen him so he turned more and more to the drugs.He has stolen from me and it hurts so much. Hes been in trouble with the law right now hes on 2 yrs ard and is messing up right now he has not been in touch with his po since October and his po just called last week my son refuses to call him so i know what that tells me and where he is headed and hes never been in jail before..He was on the soboxone program for 6 mths when he had money come in did really well on it then when his financial state changed he couldnt pay the 250.00 i couldnt either for him i know he has gone back to using.. I pay his fine now since he has no income now. I know i have seen about people saying let them fall but i dont know how to let my son fall without picking him up and i dont know how to stop myself from stopping him from falling all the time because thats what i have always done.He has depended on me for so long. And i have taken care of him for so long. I just need help with dealing with this. I have absolutely no support system at all. I just want to help my son.. Thank you for listening..